Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dayli Receives Her Christmas Tamale Basket!

I am just so excited that I found a picture of my little sponsored child, Dayli and her little sister Fristy (on right) with their mother receiving their Christmas Tamale Basket from Mayan Families!



After meeting this sweet family, I feel such a strong connection to them and cannot wait to go back to visit with them in 2008!

I also notice in this picture that her mother is still pregnant with her baby. She told me when I was there that the baby was due December 10th. So, they should be expecting their little Christmas miracle any day now. Sharon tells me that most of the births in San Jorge are home births assisted by a midwife. Very rarely do they go to a hospital, only if complications arise and by then it is usually too late. Please pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby for Dayli's mother, Regina. Sharon has promised to check in on them for me and will let me know when the baby arrives.

Love and FROG!

Sarah

No comments: