Thursday, November 15, 2007

Changed My Life

This trip has changed my life. I was so happy to know I was going home to see my babies but I was so sad to leave my little girl Lesby and the other beautiful children behind.
I landed in LAX and as I was going to retrieve my luggage I began to cry (actually sob) as I had left behind these incredible people and my friends who had taken this journey with me. There is no way to describe the journey and for others to actually understand and the ones who truly know (Julie, Pam, Sarah, Rena, and my scarecrow Catherine) were not there.
I cannot wait to go back. I am in love with the country and the people. I am in love with my friends I experienced this with!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Sarah, welcome home!! (hug) I'm so glad it was such a moving trip for all of you, I'm so glad you are sharing it with all of us. :)
These pictures are so beautiful, what a gorgeous country and people, I'm sure it was just incredible to meet Lesby and Dayli and all the others that had smiles put on their faces because of you. :)

Julie Taffah said...

Love you too, Kell!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
So proud to know all of you. You are such a compassionate person -- if everyone were like you, the world would be a better place. Thanks for sharing your story!
Marjorie