Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sarah's Sponsored Child - Dayli

Meet Dayli... she is 6 years old and lives in San Jorge La Laguna, where we will be visiting on Monday.


What an honor to be able to meet this sweet, beautiful child. If you click her name, you will be taken to the Mayan Families Blog where you can see her receiving her traditional clothes in September as well as her family receiving a pila. It is an honor to be able to help her and her family.

Her younger sister, Fristy, is not yet old enough to go to school, so I am taking some gifts for both girls as well as some items for her brothers and parents. While our group is there, we plan to purchase a month's worth of food for each family... can you believe it is only about $40 per month? Her family will also be receiving a Christmas Tamale Basket.

I have been so blessed to receive such generous donations of items and money to take with me to Guatemala. I just know that this trip will be the first of many and I feel blessed to be able to help make a difference in this child and her family's life.

2 comments:

chicachicago said...

To Sarah, Rena, Kelly and all my other "island" friends -- I'm proud of you! Have a blast!

Moelladeville (aka chicachicago)

Marlene said...

Tomorrow is the big day! have a safe trip and I look forward to reading your posts.